ASO International, Inc. (“we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
This policy (together with our Cookies Policy) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (i.e. anonymous data).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will use it.
The categories of data we process
- Contact data of clinics (such as name, address, email address, telephone number) for the purposes of corresponding with the dental clinics.
- Treatment data (such as photos, impressions, X-rays, clinical findings) for the purposes of providing you with the best appliance.
- Financial data (such as credit card details, bank account information, credit history) for the purposes of processing your payment for patients’ appliance.
- Usage data (such as information about how you use our website, products and services) for the purposes of improving the way we provide our appliances and services.
The ways we collect information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you in operating the website and performing any of our services:
You may give us information about you and your patients’ personal data by filling in forms on our website www.myharmonysmile.com or any website wholly owned by ASO International, or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or in person when order taking, inquiring and joining events.
We may automatically collect the following information With regards to each of your visits to our website:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
From third parties
Our distributors are third parties working for us as contractors, however, they are contractually bound to us with regards to obligations of confidentiality in the same way as our employees and by professional obligations of confidentiality.
How we share data with third parties
We may share your contact data, special category of data relating to health, financial data, treatment data and/or usage data between our subsidiaries where our products are manufactured and shipped and with selected third parties to support your order.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties are already GDPR compliant or agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
The website may include links to third party, plugins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
Data transferred outside the EU
Personal data is stored outside the EU, ASO International, Inc., Japan and ASO International Manila, Inc., Philippines, whether in digital or hard copy format.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
The lawful bases for us using your data is in our legitimate commercial interests and we will never use your data for anything that does not have a legitimate commercial purpose.
Purposes for processing personal data
We (and the third parties listed above) process your personal data for a variety of business purposes including:
- To provide you with our services, such as order processing, delivering, invoicing,payment processing, creating and managing your customer account
- To respond to your inquiries
- To obtain reviews and feedback on your experience of our services
- To conduct product research to develop our products and to enhance our service • To keep you informed of our latest offers, other services and events we provide
- To store our data
- To investigate or settle inquiries or disputes
The retention period for any personal data in doctor and patient records contains in any form of written or electronic communication with us is a minimum of 10 years after it was last processed.
Your personal data rights
You have the following personal data rights:
- To access to your personal data, which enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold.
- To rectify your personal data that you consider to be inaccurate and not updated. At any time, please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- To delete or remove your personal data (however clinical records must be retained for a certain time periods. Once the data is deleted, we will not be able to provide you any service and replacement of your patients’ appliances)
- To restrict processing. This gives you the option to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data e.g. if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy or you do not want us to erase it.
- To object processing your personal data if you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms, however, in some cases, we may have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which can override your right to object.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of your rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing at firstname.lastname@example.org by writing. We take complaints very seriously.
Change of purpose
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).